View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2013, 12:05 PM
Allowed in Sales
Member of: Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range

Originally Posted by Lol Moore View Post
As I have already said twice in replies to others this sort of investigation is probably more suited to the BR guys and for me is more about scientific investigation rather than something to be done for HFT/FT competitions - there are simply too many other variables here to make this worthwhile.

Brian - I agree totally with the comments about velocities Vs accuracy being two different things not absolutely fixed to each other, but they do relate closer to each other if you sort your pellets
We're just trying to help you out matey, no need to roll your eyes at me virtually Actually what you'll find is that MV and accuracy very often have little to do with each other. One is measuring how consistent your gun is, the other measures how stable the pellet is in flight. Which was kind of the lost point in my earlier post - you're concentrating on getting a consistent puff of air up the skirt in the hope that it will deliver greater downrange accuracy when in fact you could very well end up making the pellet far less accurate downrange by pratting about with it and altering it's stability in flight.

p.s. Has anyone introduced you to the idea of using an old BIC pen to sort your pellets yet? That's always good for killing a few hours, and trying to find an old BIC pen can become a good little hobby in itself