View Single Post
Old 17th September 2013, 02:05 PM
Stoopit forriner.

Depending on the rifle/scope setup, you could have 1/8 MOA clicks and still be within one turn. On my Frankenrifle, I had the scope (a Big Beesa, which is essentially the same as a Big Nikko Mk1) just above the barrel, and I had everything from 8 to 50 metres (that's about 9 to 55 yards) in one turn - but just (58 out of 60 clicks). In the unlikely case I came across a target at 8 yards, I'd just holdover.

I'm afraid, however, that I can't do that now that I have the BSA on a riser rail atop the EV2. My solution will be to consciously return the turret to 35 meter directly after each shot.

I have been known to go the wrong way - last time was two days ago, when my scope setup was so out of whack that I was lucky to hit anything. In the end I found out that, if I consistently dialed 5 meters more than what I ranged the targets at, and compensated for "wind" about a kill zone's width (there was no wind!), I could at least hit anything from 40 yards out to 55. And at the first time I came across a 55 yard target (and dialed up to a nonexistent 60), I went over the top on the next shot. Took me two shots to figure that out.

So yes, you would need to have a shot routine that prevents that from happening.
The Filthy Pig: Air Arms 100 (1990) + AA Olympic trigger + Welham reg + Custom Shop CS1000 stock. Status: leaking.
The Unknown Quantity: AA EV2 Mk4. + BSA Platinum 10-50x60 + Jon Harris wheel. Status: sorted up to 25 yds.
The Limping Dog: Air Arms Shamal (1989) + unknown origin sporter stock + Optisan Cobra 3-9x42. Status: slowly leaking; needs work.
The Ox: HW97k + Venom Lazaglide. Status: working just fine; needs scope.
with apologies to NJR100