View Single Post
Old 12th September 2013, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lol Moore View Post
there was only one very precise spot where the "head bop" would reveal no aparent movement of the reticle in relation to the sight picture, it is almost as if there is a spot within the in focus range where the scope is truly parallax free
The idea of the focus is to eliminate the pa error, so why use it just set any where.

In saying that had many scopes that were in focus and eye bell ret focused but still had severe pa error!
Of all the PR Leups ever had and used, focus could be set any where and no pa error!
Of the 7 attempts at getting a useable 80 they all had pa error which really showed up locked in a vice. Different model the 10-60 even on lowest 10 mag totally out of focus, pa eror is absolutely minimal. Deon ship them out set at 0D, to most that means having to wind eye bell ret focus in approx. 1 3/4 revs, also come optically centred.

True altering eye bell focus will affect the range markings. when I set mine up in a hurry I didn't bother just marked the wheel. Later got fed up having no ret on low mag so adjusted eye bell and cant be arsed to redo the ranges 2 1/2 years on. It s coming off any way a T50 is going on next month while I have the March ret changed and put back to standard spec.