View Single Post
Old 12th September 2013, 08:03 PM
Member of: Lea Valley Air Gun Club

Originally Posted by holly View Post
I believe he won the self styled Spring gun worlds with a TX 200 . not sure . . when i say that the GC2 MK1 was not suitable for Comps . Stuart lane ( a FT god ) used one to good effect .at one of the worlds it went down on the second day , so he was on the last day shooting with the also rans ( me and george grimm ) now george was the chairman of the BFTA at the time . anyway we got to our first lane and we are shooting with stuart . he had borrowed a Pro target off nick jenkinson for the last day and had set it up with his 18+40 Lupe . me and george shot first , standers and got em . stuart steps up and as he is settling for the shot , it goes off . ohwerrrr . the trigger on a the GC can be a bit of a beast . so to come to a good trigger , well it had gone off as he was taking up the first stage . result one miss . me and george had a quiet snigger , as you do . oh how the mighty have fallen type of thing . stuart hit the next 49 shots straight off . no more sniggering after that .the mighty are mighty with anything ??? HOLLY
He won it the year after I won it first with a HW77, against what was in all but name a works team.
I couldn't do the following years comps however.
HERX77 .
Fighter against the 'Dark Arts'
Dark keeps moving in on the day.
Steadily going downhill faster!