View Single Post
Old 7th September 2013, 09:07 PM
Mk3 Fanatic
Member of: SYWELL NTSC : FT : Greyhound : Kibworth

Because, when I started (Feb this year) I couldn't sit - or kneel without toppling over in the most ludicrous manner I did all of my shooting from a standing position. Fortunately, because I was (& still am) a complete novice, hitting the target was something of a novelty for me.
When I joined the Sywell Range, here in Northamptonshire, members helped me enormously, were very encouraging, gave me time to get up and down, and by suggesting the use of a hamster/palm rest, helped me to sit and still be able to breathe reasonably comfortably. On some days, I know that the moment I sit down, I won't be able to breathe, so I just get back to my feet and either shoot standing or don't shoot at all.
If I don't shoot I can still learn by watching and listening to others, who do shoot.
This, for me, is a recreation. I'm not bothered about shooting competitively. But I'd like to be able to shoot competently. But what I primarily want to avoid is causing aggravation amongst other people who are well versed, and immersed, in the sport.

Thanks for your insights.
You're only young once - so it's best to make it last for the whole of your lifetime.
The FFTA Winter League nemesis
Renovated Daystate Mk3 .177 ~ Big Nikko Mk3:
BASC Member