View Single Post
Old 6th September 2013, 11:14 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by mr dink View Post
Excuse my ignorance in this matter as i have only shot at NW and a few at national level in FT and HFT but if the person i was shooting with saw me pointing my gun at the wrong target they would have stopped me shooting ,if a marshal let you shoot the wrong target to me that is not sporting ,but to shoot at that level i,m sure you wont be second many times.
Si's targets were very close together. It's unlikely you'd be able to tell it until the shot went off. Did it myself in Hungary, last lane, although I only lost a top 10 place clear of a shoot off. My partners didn't pick it up until I dropped the first one. I then repeated the trick, with mitigating circumstances, in Norway, and that wasn't picked up until I pulled the string back up and found one didn't go to the target I thought it had. Also cost me a chance of a top 10 with a shootoff.

It's a testament to Si's shooting level that a simple error, after a long 3 days, has had such an effect, but I'm sure despite the score and outcome, Si knows it was a rare process error, one unlikely to happen again... he rarely ever makes any. The machine just jumped a cog.

May take a tad more longer to get over than mine, but he'll still be just as mega next shoot and those after that.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep