Thread: Gun bag for FT
View Single Post
Old 6th September 2013, 07:51 AM
Member of: Ford & Oaks
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
Ey up, just given the bag a measure for you.

My rig is only 11" high, but I've got around 3 inches of extra foam in the bottom of it.
I've measured without the foam in the bottom and the case I've got is exactly 14" high (by 45" long and about 7" wide)... so your gun might fit, but it'd be tight on the height and there would be little room for extra padding at the bottom.

I'd be tempted to try a couple of things if I were you.. first off, get some old wrapping paper and cut it to 45" x 14", lay it on the floor and see if you're able to get your rig to fit the paper by changing the angle of the rifle a bit - if you know what I mean.

I'm guessing when you measured the total height of your gun you did it when the gun was level - it might be a bit smaller if you say angle the barrel down a bit. If you can get it to fit - you'll also be able to see what sort of shape of foam you'd need in the bottom of the bag to hold the rifle at that angle.

Or, maybe drop the guy an email at practicaltacticalbags and ask if he's got a slightly taller bag (or could make one for you).

I've also noticed on facebook that Solware have started selling a bag which looks identical to the bag I've got (I can't find it on their website though).. you could maybe drop Ty Ford a line and see if he's got anything big enough.

Good luck

Oh yeah.. my case has been spot on! all throughout the GP series and the Worlds, so if you can find a way to make it fit or get a slightly bigger one I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Brilliant, thanks for the info