Thread: A Tale of Woe
View Single Post
Old 4th September 2013, 08:22 PM
Stoopit forriner.

Originally Posted by Strokebloke View Post
And presumably your wife copes quite well with you being cack-handed, does she ??????
Not sure what this implies... but if it does what I think it does, then the answer would be "she's definitely not complaining"
Effectively, the only benefit is that I cannot nick her gun. For the rest, there is no difference, because I *shoot* lefthanded, but I am righthanded. I'm just profusely left-eyed.

Except .......... for one slight problem.
My name is not Brian Samson
Ny name isn't Brian Samson either, and even when I could shoot a bit (approximately a decade ago), I wasn't nearly as good as Mr. Samson.
Yet, the very first FT match that I shot was with a HW97k. I won the spring class.
Two years later, I drove to Dorsten, Germany, to defend the unbeaten status of the NJR100 there. Only to open my trunk and discover that everything was in there, except for a rifle.
Someone lent me a HW97k with a decent scope on top. I took it to the zeroing range to see whether it would hit what I aimed at, and it did... and I went to shoot the spring class.
Which, to my own amazement, I won.

Luckily for you and me, there are only very few Brian Samsons. If we manage to avoid them, we stand a fighting chance.

And if we don't, we'll still have a lot of fun, and learn a lot if we get the chance.

Seriously... shoot that HW77. You might find it more fun than you expected!

And (I will keep saying this until someone kills me), if you want to get seriously good at shooting, shoot spring guns on a regular basis. It'll teach you hold consistency and followup like nothing else.
The Filthy Pig: Air Arms 100 (1990) + AA Olympic trigger + Welham reg + Custom Shop CS1000 stock. Status: leaking.
The Unknown Quantity: AA EV2 Mk4. + BSA Platinum 10-50x60 + Jon Harris wheel. Status: sorted up to 25 yds.
The Limping Dog: Air Arms Shamal (1989) + unknown origin sporter stock + Optisan Cobra 3-9x42. Status: slowly leaking; needs work.
The Ox: HW97k + Venom Lazaglide. Status: working just fine; needs scope.
with apologies to NJR100

Last edited by peterh; 4th September 2013 at 08:36 PM.