View Single Post
Old 26th August 2013, 11:50 AM
Mk3 Fanatic
Member of: SYWELL NTSC : FT : Greyhound : Kibworth
Smile Very Modest

An excellent review of the weekend from Brian. And it should be noted that he reached the semi-finals with a springer. No mean achievement in a class field of some of the worlds best shooters.

From my perspective, as a spectator, it was an excellent weekend. Well organized and administered throughout. The shooting was exceptional in varying and sometimes trying conditions.

You (we) are very blessed in being part of a sport where it is possible for us to mix and mingle, ask questions and join in general chat and banter with World and European champions, as well as the top shooters from the British GP rounds. I can't think of another sport where such interaction is possible. If I tried to get into the Sky compound and do the same thing with Brad Wiggins, Chris Froome et al, I'd get lynched before I had gone ten paces.
There is an immense richness and spontaneous generosity in FT, far beyond the ability to shoot well, which was demonstrated again and again at Newbury over the weekend.
I stand in awe of you lot and am honoured to be able to consider many of you friends.
You're only young once - so it's best to make it last for the whole of your lifetime.
The FFTA Winter League nemesis
Renovated Daystate Mk3 .177 ~ Big Nikko Mk3:
BASC Member

Last edited by Strokebloke; 26th August 2013 at 01:24 PM.