Thread: YeeeHaaaaa
View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2013, 04:20 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Good stuff Jack

Get a 'coaster' for the magnification ring

Helps with ease, and makes for fast adjustment, especially in the cold.

Spend time setting it up well. Do it on a range where you know the targets won't move, so if you discover a problem you have some constant to check against. Different methods, but I cut some target string, fray it, and stick it to some black gaffer tape to a target board so it sticks out to the side and range on that when setting up the wheel. You should be able to focus on a single strand quite far out, perhaps all the way. You can get into a right mess focusing on different colour boards. Do it on full mag as well and on a day without heat haze.

Make sure you have the eyebell set up before doing that though. Let your eyes come to rest for 20-30 mins before attempting. I find my eyes take 20 mins after taking off my glasses to settle. If you don't know how to set up the eyebell, ask

How you do your numbers is up to you, but i prefer marking the wheel with pencil first, then i keep my clicks on a separate sheet. This means if i need to change them for whatever reason, I can, I don't have to fiddle with the turret or wheel.

I use ATP61 adjustable mounts, easy to setup... i stick the scope to centre in the turrets (dialing one way then the other, then turning back 1/2 way), and then use the mounts to get me close to 55yds without dialing. This way I know I won't run out of travel when I come down to 8-10 yds.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep