View Single Post
Old 20th August 2013, 02:56 PM
Member of: Good Ole Boy's Field Target Club & Invicta Field Target Club

Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
The shooter is Kristin Antsmäe, I had the privilege to shoot with her this weekend and she's a top shooter.
There is a German rule that invalidates that shot, is a stupid and a grey one because of the exceptions, her foot is over the firing line so it’s illegal.

e. The feet of the shooter may not touch the ground mark of
the firing line. The muzzle, however, must be in target direction in front of it. There are some
lanes where this is impossible and such cases are treated as exceptions. In such cases the muzzle
must be in front of the ground marking and the trigger behind it.
Yes, I agree with you. That rule may be impossible to comply with. My barrel is shorter than my legs and foot, so getting it past my foot while keeping my foot behind the line is not practical.

My concern with the position in the photo us the use of the bum bag to support the back, not the knee or butt. Since that isn't a seated shot or a kneeling shot, it could be argued that it's an illegal position and use of the bum bag. At least I've heard the argument here in the USA. If anyone has experience with this issue on your side of the pond, please let me know.

See you soon!