Thread: Kahles
View Single Post
Old 18th August 2013, 11:19 PM
Member of: Harriers

I've tried it today but to be honest, I wasn't really impressed. Yes, it's a lightweight and relatively short scope with good picture quality, but with very narrow field-of-view, unnecessary 1/8 MOA clicks, the parallax wheel on the top is a strange idea (not too comfortable to use and hard to read the numbers). If I had one of this, I'd rotate it with 90 degrees to the left in the mounts...

Snapping is a subjective thing (I still remember my lock-time tests when some people said that they could feel which rifle shot faster and then turned out that all shot the same with only 2-3 millisecond difference). The only and real method to check the rangefinding quality is, when we already have a calibrated scale on the wheel and then we can see how many yards are between the wheel readings and the real distances of the targets.

Another important question is the temperature sensitivity, does the rangefinding move with temperature? How much and how? Is it creeping with temperature or jumps at particular temperatures?

But what I really liked on this scope was that little peg with red and white rings which comes out from the top of the turrets as you turn them and shows which turn we are in (but with 1/4 MOA clicks all the ranges could have been in one turn like on S&B FT scope...).

A few photos about the new Kahles scope:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2382.jpg (317.2 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2385.jpg (279.3 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2386.jpg (285.3 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2387.jpg (346.5 KB, 67 views)
The Updated BFTA Manuals Maestro Design FT Accessories