View Single Post
Old 17th August 2013, 05:24 PM
Mk3 Fanatic
Member of: SYWELL NTSC : FT : Greyhound : Kibworth

Originally Posted by CameronWilson View Post
It's a Hawke Sport HD scope, and I'm using a Sportsmatch one-piece mount with the arrester pin in place.

Just to clarify that the mount itself hasn't moved, but rather the scope within the mount. I've checked, and it's the whole scope body that's twisting, so it's not as though the reticle has com loose.

It becomes noticeable after maybe 5-10 pellets.

I'm going to see if I can get my mits on some signmakers double sided sticky tape. It's the stuff they use to hang motorway signage. That should hopefully do the trick!

I'm with Neil on this. I would also suggest that it is the gun at fault.
The gun shouldn't produce a significant torsional rotation in recoil, such that it effects the scope to rotate in the mounts.
There's inevitably some rotational reaction, because the spring is a torsionally wound mechanism; but it's primary release of energy will be axially along the action of the gun

I'd suggest that the problem with securing the scope in the manner you suggest, is that you may cause damage to the internals of the scope by restraining it against such an adverse recoil.
You're only young once - so it's best to make it last for the whole of your lifetime.
The FFTA Winter League nemesis
Renovated Daystate Mk3 .177 ~ Big Nikko Mk3:
BASC Member