View Single Post
Old 9th August 2013, 07:25 AM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

Originally Posted by peterh View Post
Keep yer shirt on, Tool.

While I agree that pellet selection is a dark art, a substantial part of which is probably in the mind, and it is hard to see how 0,01mm could make a difference, what I saw in the past, and what I am seeing again, is that a rifle that shoots quite well with one pellet, goes completely to pot with another. The funny bit being that there was seemingly no single reason for it going to pot, not even a reason that could be explained psychologically - if I would have known that I was using 4.52, that might have explained it, but I was not aware of that.

I loike it when tool takes his shirt off, it keeps me amused for hours reading tatoos.
One day i am going to have a tatoo done, of an Ev2

Anyway, 4.51,52,53 = waste of time. Myth. Pellet will be closeer to 4.46 -48 on head.

Its the die number that counts.
I could say go and read my findings in how do you miss, but I dont think your that young.
Today is another pellet testing day at tondu, if the wind is up might launch the new pellet testing lane.
I baught 9 different tins of jsb the other week from intersoot. We have been testing them in different guns to see who's gun works with what. Each of us is heading to different results
Gadget = die 34
Zak - Die 11
Shunter - Die 8
Me ? ? Well Rev likes die 34,but i need another confirmation day
No dark art, papar targets at 40 + 50m, 10 shot groups. Two groups, get up, refresh, start over.
40 m even Gadget can group almost pellet on pellet at times, and that with his hands. 50 m is where it will show whats really working well!

One thing I never noticed with my ev2 is tight and slack fitting pellets. Maybe something different betwen mk 1 and 4 Ev? Maybe i just never took notice?
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85