View Single Post
Old 8th August 2013, 09:02 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by NJR 100 View Post
I did test my power yes spot on as always around 777 - 782.
I`m not sure what your reference to Zero means? Both guns dialed in for 50m and aiming at the centre dot.
No cant, I have done this a few times you know
Height was good on both set ups, with the correct pellets.

i did not check Zaks Ev2 no for power, but it has been tested and I am sure he is not one for adjusting? Taken him 2 months to pout the Butt hook on! I think it registered about the same sort of fps when he initially got it?

It would have been interesting to test my barrel as you say down range with and without, but truth is Rob its a been done elswhere, see Airgun world I think 2 months ago by Uk neil, and B i dont really need to!
I can see the results and they were blatent Tuesday.
Uk neils article was interesting for a non technical chap like me to read and the theory even made sense as to why a properly set up air stripper works.

No, I use 8.4 and have for 2 years or so really.

I only have the 7.3 for Hft to make it more interesting.
So you shot two guns at different times or relied on someone else's setup. Hardly scientific.

Tell you what. Lets hire the tunnel for a day, 5 or 10 hurricane blowers. Clamp barrel down. Test 50 shots at 50m. Shoot with it on or off. If stripper takes less wind on the statistical average of the group to any measurable margin beyond the randomness of the group, I will pay. If not you pay. Shouldn't be a problem if you're happy to recommend a product that would cost someone near that expense
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep