Thread: New Toys
View Single Post
Old 28th July 2013, 02:27 PM
Mk3 Fanatic
Member of: SYWELL NTSC : FT : Greyhound : Kibworth
Smile New Toys

The Mk3 is away at Daystate, having new batteries fitted; and a service.
So this morning I went to Sywell with my two new toys ~ Barry's seat cushion & the HW77, which has had only the most basic use so far.
This morning was great for me - I felt full of confidence :-
1. I was going to use a new cushion ~ 1st excuse
2. I was shooting the springer ~ 2nd excuse
3. The wind was swirling all over the place ~ 3rd excuse

If I played my cards right I could reasonably expect to get through the entire 40 shot course and miss absolutely everything and still be reasonably justified by my 3 fail-safe excuses.

I went round with Neil and Phil. They are very generous.
Everyone else scuttled off fairly quickly when they realized that I was the odd man out and they might draw the short straw.
Neil and Phil engaged in their own battle, whilst still constantly encouraging and advising me.
I got 3 out my 4 standers.
I decided to try kneeling with Barry's cushion and got 3 out of 4 there as well (and I didn't topple over once - until I tried to get up again. Neil generously caught my gun; then explained that he hadn't wanted to see it fall in the mud. Gratefully, I crawled out of the mud that my gun didn't fall into, and back to my feet)

And I scored some sitting shots too. I finished with 12. (reasonable by my standards)
I really did enjoy shooting with the springer. There's just something about it that I like.

Phil says I'll become a C Grade shooter when I get a decent scope on the Mk3.
I said I'll be an A Grade shooter eventually - and when he'd stopped laughing, he reiterated his assurance concerning my place in C Grade. So that's settled ~ A Grade it is. Or I'll die trying

A great morning with some really splendid characters.
Thanks Neil and Phil, for your patience and encouragement.
Thank you too, to Barry, for your cushion.
You're only young once - so it's best to make it last for the whole of your lifetime.
The FFTA Winter League nemesis
Renovated Daystate Mk3 .177 ~ Big Nikko Mk3:
BASC Member
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread