View Single Post
Old 30th June 2013, 01:37 PM
Mk3 Fanatic
Member of: SYWELL NTSC : FT : Greyhound : Kibworth
Talking No Pressure Then !!!!

Sunday morning - up half the night - slept in. What a wassock.
Arrived at Sywell just after 10am, knowing that it was a Summer League comp, so intended to just have a short settle in on the zero range and then see how many of the targets I could get near to, once everyone else was on their way round the course. That was the plan !!

As I arrived at the first lane, prior to the zero range, there stood my friend and mentor Phil - he who came 2nd A Grade at Bisley.
"Ahhh, just the man", he says. "you can come round with me. I was waiting for someone to turn up."
As you do, I spluttered the same way that I would when someone tells me my flies are open, and muttered something about going on the zero range.
"No, don't bother with that. Lane One - I'll go first. Come on. Let's be 'avin' yer."

So that was it. We shot the entire course. All 40 targets. Something I haven't done before.
I got down OK. I fell over getting down. I got up OK. I got stuck half way up. I tried kneeling and toppled over like an inebriated skittle. I score three standing shots on the same lane. I knocked over long targets and missed close sitters, and we both enjoyed it enormously. We laughed and cheered each other. We commiserated where appropriate. Phil taught me lots again and advised with little details that produced the desired results.
And I more than doubled my score from Bisley. Double figures, no less.

And to make the morning as near perfect as it could possibly have been, Phil won the comp, dropping only four targets out of the forty. Phenomenal shooting.
For me it was another memorable Sunday. And a privilege to shoot with Phil, and be taught by him.

My aim now for Redfearns is to be in double figures again, but nearer to 20 than to 10.
You're only young once - so it's best to make it last for the whole of your lifetime.
The FFTA Winter League nemesis
Renovated Daystate Mk3 .177 ~ Big Nikko Mk3:
BASC Member

Last edited by Strokebloke; 30th June 2013 at 01:42 PM.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread