View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2013, 07:28 PM
Mk3 Fanatic
Member of: SYWELL NTSC : FT : Greyhound : Kibworth
Talking A wonderful weekend

I have just returned home from one of the most enjoyable and memorable weekends I have had for a long time. I went to the Bisley GP Round 5 with some trepidation and apprehension. But having traveled down in the morning and spent Saturday afternoon and evening finding my way around Bisley and exploring, I somehow knew it was going to be OK. The weather was good; I had an entire campsite to myself: And I spent two hours of the evening on the BFTO zeroing range. Sunday morning dawned - I booked in with Lyndeen, collected my card, and met one or two faces I recognised and several names that I knew. I found myself teamed up with Simon (Ratinator) and Neil (Neil) They have got to be two of the stars of the GP FT community. Simon has been feeding me info and encouragement for the last three weeks (thank you, sincerely, for that Simon) and they both continued to do that during the first few lanes. By the end of the 25 lanes, I felt as if I'd been shooting FT all my life - except that I was hitting very few targets. I scared a lot of them but killed only a few. But given that I had arrived with no expectations, going away with 6 on my scorecard was a bonus. The real privilege of the day, for me, was to meet so many wonderful, generous and encouraging people; all of whom made it clear to me that they were there to do exactly the same thing as me. To do their best.
I returned to the course for the afternoon round with my camera. I met Holly, an event I couldn't have come away from Bisley without doing. I talked to lots of people and thoroughly enjoyed being amongst a truly down-to-earth, warm and spontaneous (in the broadest sense of the word) group of people.

Thank you all.
I think I feel a more appropriate scope coming on.
Then I will be back. Maybe not with a vengeance, but certainly with a smile on my face.

I will upload some of my photos during the next few days
You're only young once - so it's best to make it last for the whole of your lifetime.
The FFTA Winter League nemesis
Renovated Daystate Mk3 .177 ~ Big Nikko Mk3:
BASC Member
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread