Thread: Practice
View Single Post
Old 16th June 2013, 02:12 PM
Mk3 Fanatic
Member of: SYWELL NTSC : FT : Greyhound : Kibworth
Red face Practice

Following a wonderful day shooting springers yesterday, it was back to Sywell this morning, to put in some more practice with the Mk3. It was a Summer Comp round today, so I just slotted into the course where there were lanes free. And vacated quickly when folks turned up to shoot them.
I wouldn't, at this stage, say that I'm improving. but I am becoming more familiar with the Mk3, in terms of what I can expect, and what I can achieve.
On Wednesday I am going to return to Sywell and accurately mark up the adjustable parallax bell of my scope relative to the established range marker posts, to enable me to range find accurately.

Then, later in the morning, Incognoto(?) from this Forum will arrive with his friend and I will check my hold-overs with the new range marks on my scope.

What I find quite remarkable about this learning process is that so many people I have met are helpful, encouraging and genuinely willing to offer advice, in a friendly manner, for apparently no other reason than that they appear to find satisfaction from helping a novice to improve. It is immensely refreshing.
And I'm indebted to everyone who has helped me so far.
Whether Simon & Holly will be quite so enthusiastic, after Saturday at Bisley, remains to be seen.
But I will remain grateful to them for taking me round the course.
You're only young once - so it's best to make it last for the whole of your lifetime.
The FFTA Winter League nemesis
Renovated Daystate Mk3 .177 ~ Big Nikko Mk3:
BASC Member
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread