Thread: Scoped
View Single Post
Old 9th June 2013, 06:39 PM
Mk3 Fanatic
Member of: SYWELL NTSC : FT : Greyhound : Kibworth
Default Scoped

I went to Sywell again this morning. Pleasant weather conditions and gradually improving as the morning progressed. Only a very light breeze, so plenty of people there, zeroing scopes before setting out tho tackle the course. I found myself on the zero range with a very considerate gentleman, named Mark who also transpired to be very patient too.
We set out to shoot the course together.
Not an easy course apparently, though Mark progressed though the first dozen targets without dropping a shot. I was suitably impressed. Though far from equally proficient.
I was equally impressed by his willingness to advise, suggest, tutor and encourage my comparatively puerile attempts at the same targets.
What I did learn a lot about was Mark's scope.
He did tell me what it was, but I confess that I can't remember the details, but the fact that it has sidewheel parallax adjustment and range-finding, and a click adjustable elevation turret, demonstrated how markedly superior it was to mine, which is I suspect, admittedly, a hunting firearms rifle scope. It's AO parallax adjustment starts at 25yds, then 50, then 75, and progresses accordingly out to 300yds plus infinity.

So one of my next significant purchases will be a Field Target scope.
But not until I have carried out considerable research into the subject (and almost certainly consulted some of you learned gents too)
You're only young once - so it's best to make it last for the whole of your lifetime.
The FFTA Winter League nemesis
Renovated Daystate Mk3 .177 ~ Big Nikko Mk3:
BASC Member

Last edited by Strokebloke; 9th June 2013 at 07:11 PM.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread