View Single Post
Old 18th May 2013, 08:51 AM
Boingers forever.
Member of: Far Coley

Originally Posted by Ratinator View Post
First pellet 827 perfect legal limit at 12 fp bfta limit for 7.9's is 822,second pellet required 821 now within bfta limit.
I said that was ok and the marshall agreed,then he suggested i really should put another one over.
I did has requested and no i did not and never will sqeeze the pellet,and third pellet was 813.
It's not the first time my walther has sailed close to the wind,as a result of which i set it with my combro to 805,i even tried the chrono before the shoot and was fine.
At the classic the week before i went through the chrono at 787 with express,and spent the next morning checking my combro against the nefta chrono.
Not sure why it was so high it's certainly not set that way.
Maybe we should introduce a breathalyzer to the shoot 1am
I do exactly the same Simon, set it with my combro at around 800fps with express, but when I go through the BFTA chrono its always 15fps or so over. I have just set one of my guns up at 770 on the Combro, so will be interesting what its like over the BFTA one.

Just and observation, the new chrono IMO is a lot safer, it seemed to behave itself during the time I observed it during the shoot, maximum variance from the BFTA chrono was around +- 8fps.
The Pope HW97 V-Mach. Gary Cane Laminate stock. Leupold Competition 40 mag Mildot.
The Smiler. Walther LGU. WE Laminate stock. Leupold Competition.
The Dark Destroyer. TX200 MK3. Leupold Competition 40 mag.
Pro-Sport. Warren Edwards Blue Laminate stock. Bushy 8-32x40.