View Single Post
Old 13th May 2013, 08:50 PM
Member of: Purley Chase ftc
Default simple error

Originally Posted by Neil-T View Post
Firstly I would like to apologise to Andy for the Incident. It could have been a Lot more serious. I take full responsibility for it as I was CM on the morning session, and it was also my decision to put that target there. I did originally have another position for that 22 yard mini kill and wish now that I had kept to it then this incident would not have happened. Me and the lads (and Joanne) did our best to put out a challenging course for the forecast conditions, we don't have a lot of members so it was a lot of hard work.

I also propose that there should be someone appointed a course check safety officer to walk the course before its shot to see if there are any potential problems with target placement, I'm sure there used to be something along this line before. It assure you it will not happen again, and I can't apologise enough for this.

You and your team made a simple mistake and you have learnt from it,mistakes get made it's only human.
Don't beat yourself up over it just learn,there was no sixty yrd target this time so the process works
It could easily have been some one shooting a wrong target further up the coarse,that target got blamed cause it was the likely candidate.
I've known pellets to rebound 30yds of timber and we shoot in wood's
I agree that guidline's should be put in place to ensure safety of target placement,but accident's are called that for a reason.
I think last year the coarse's were being walked before a shoot to check target distance and combined distance,not target safety.
If we all had hinesight we'd have all cleared the coarse
About as much use at field target , as a life guard at the Olympic swimming pool.