View Single Post
Old 12th May 2013, 06:57 PM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
Default 2013 Gp2 Far coley

Far Better day today at far coley on what to me was a superb Gp course.

Lanes were for me very well thaught out. Long lanes saw good distance on one or both targets, so if you got something wrong on one you had a chance to adjust for the other in the lane
Short lanes then were perhaps reducers so care more than estimation on the wind was needed.

Disaplines, Standers I made, 32m, 19m, 30, 23, 11 and 25m.
Not far, but I missed two so did Berty so fine for all to at least not be daunted by very long ranges?

Kneelers, 28m (tree) 30m, 30m (tree) + 25m. Again bemusing how i missed the 30m kneeler on the ground but proof that 40m is not always needed!
Certainly as a AA shooter I thaught all disaplines were hitable and i should have done better.

Not many full over 45m, think furthest i range found was 47m T26.
20 targetrs in the 40 -50 m range (did not seem that many?)
12 t in the 30 -39m
25ml reducer x 6, average distance about 25m
15ml x 2, 15 + 12.5 M

Very enjoyable course, lane to lane saw targets switch which kept you on you toes as to what to do. Best of all my back is not aching and the shooting position did not cost me any targets!
Definatley look forward to going back to far coley.

Top shooting Company witn Peter more (chap i baught no 27 Leup oiff) and young Chris Semmens.
We stated on a standing lane in the bowl at far coley.

Practise in the week had convinced me to shoot REV+no 1 Luep in no 1 stock, die 36 were selected.

A quick visit to John Ostlers house saturday for a mini spring clean of the trigger housing saw one of his smaller Button triggers fitted to Priest, so will to compare on wednesday

T39 was 32m, downward angle but not extreme. Struggled to get steady on it but took my time and thaught when i left the shot go i was in the centre? Pellet struck at about 1 edge. Wind was a factor and could have blown the pellet over a touch, but I think i am snatching the trigger on standers with no 1 Stock.

T49 was one of the bird targets in the field. Not far, 40 m. Gave it inside 3 and the pellet struck 7 edge. Not sure but thinking about it i have doughted the 40m marking on no 1 lueps wheel?
Next target was same distance so just added 2 click, inside edge again and it went down which was nice as T50 was taking alots of misses!

Having just hit the 30m t1 kneeling target that was up in the tree, the 32m T2 looked a safe bet for inside edge, it being on the ground (ish) and less exposed to wind? Inside edge saw pellet strike 3?
Just dont know? Would like to think nothing more than wind i could not see, but it may have been a pellet issue?

As with lane 1, I had just knocked over the tricky looking High t3 at 40m and then come down to ground ish level for t4 @ 42nm. Gave same inside edge (9)l as t3 and again it cleared kill and hit 3 edge. If these had been the old 45ml kills lol

Bad shot
Stander at end of ponds, 30m. On it, felt ok but again i think i snatched it as pellet hit 11 edge!

Bad shot.
Having been mixing it up between my new found slim ability to shoot with jacket done up (lost half a stone since Gp1!) or undone, I was on the long 46m target, coat buttoned up.
Strings bowing as with other shooters and targets and i was steady inside 9 edge which is where i wanted to be.
I was about the shoot when i wobbled and pulled the cross hair to about 20ml out of kill. I decided that would do and shot, only to see the pellet hit exactly where the cross hair was.

White bird up a tree. Me, Peter and Chris later confirmed we all made it 45m / 50 y. Berty said he made it 53/54y.
One of only a handfull of shots i needed to and indeed thus did come out of kill for. Was out about half inch , steady as rock. Left what felt like a sure hit go to see pellet hit 7 edge?
first i thsught i had gone straight, but checking i could see the "new" miss.
Having got the wind fairly well it was anoying to go low, perhaps not carefull enough on range finding now a bit tired and at end of course?

final lane, happy that the score was safe in 40+ .
40m, wind behind and new down the middle would do, so did.
It landed about 1 inch low? Bemused and miffed, swung round to take final target (38), same distance but up a tree. Inside 3 edge hit centre.
shoot over i asked if the other two minded if i had a pot shot at t37. changed nothing, loaded, middle and pellet sailed smack onto cross hair?
Can only think a duff pellet of crap / grit sent the pellet miles off aim?

Happy enough with 42 today as I did not shoot well, especially on disaplines.
Pleased with REV and the way it shot. I only needed to come out for about 6 targets, maybe 8 at a push which is far less than those around me were reporting.

Having now shot both guns in comps they feel about the same for aim points, so happy to report the findings are the same for both barrels now fitted with the stripper

Ball trigger testing Wednesday and then it has to be final choice of which is to Worlds + Gp gun, and which is to be regional gn for this year?
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85

Last edited by NJR 100; 13th May 2013 at 10:22 AM.