View Single Post
Old 10th May 2013, 06:24 PM
Member of: carisbrooke rangers
Default Believe

Originally Posted by dusty57 View Post
your right holly, terry never won the worlds but he did win the US nationals with one back in the days before there was a worlds, around 88 or 89 i think
I believe he won the self styled Spring gun worlds with a TX 200 . not sure . . when i say that the GC2 MK1 was not suitable for Comps . Stuart lane ( a FT god ) used one to good effect .at one of the worlds it went down on the second day , so he was on the last day shooting with the also rans ( me and george grimm ) now george was the chairman of the BFTA at the time . anyway we got to our first lane and we are shooting with stuart . he had borrowed a Pro target off nick jenkinson for the last day and had set it up with his 18+40 Lupe . me and george shot first , standers and got em . stuart steps up and as he is settling for the shot , it goes off . ohwerrrr . the trigger on a the GC can be a bit of a beast . so to come to a good trigger , well it had gone off as he was taking up the first stage . result one miss . me and george had a quiet snigger , as you do . oh how the mighty have fallen type of thing . stuart hit the next 49 shots straight off . no more sniggering after that .the mighty are mighty with anything ??? HOLLY
" Be your self , everybody else is taken "