View Single Post
Old 29th April 2013, 06:16 AM
Default Is this allowed UKAHFT to try speed things up?

Question for the 2 Petes ...

Sorry if this is common knowledge and the norm.

Yesterday I shot 2nd session at Kibby and started on peg 3. I was in a group of 4 with a Junior shooting first. To cut a long story short ... I don't know if we shot slow as a group, or whether those in front shot quickly or maybe they were a 3 and not 4, but by the time we were half way around the groups in front of us had gone. We couldn't even see them anymore and there were loads of free, empty lanes.

Behind us groups may again have been just 3, or shooting faster than us, but there was a queue/bottleneck behind us.

I only thought of this in hindsight ... but if we'd have asked a marshall ( who then may have asked the head marshall ) could we have split into 2 groups of 2 and the junior and her guardian moved on without having to wait for the other 2 of us to shoot. As 2 groups of 2 we would have moved quicker through that vacuum of empty lanes in front of us and released the bottleneck behind us.

That situation must happen with so many shooters and groups of 3 and 4.

I don't think we shot that slowly but when we arrived at target 9 after a wee bit of a walk with the road on the left, another group were just starting on target 9 that was a different group to the ones that had started in front of us. I think they had started at about target 13ish and then shot 13 - 18 in that sector of the course but had asked a marshall if they could do targets 9 - 12 so they didn't have to walk all the way back to that sector ( I think one shooter had a stick ). So by the time they had done about 9 - 12 and then disappeared again, the original group in front of us were long gone leaving several lanes empty in front of us.

Last edited by skires; 29th April 2013 at 09:58 AM.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread