Thread: UKSARC Question
View Single Post
Old 27th April 2013, 07:16 AM
Member of: Moxons ARC, Tamworth SG,Welsh Covert SG, Whittington GC, Greyhound GC

Hi the main objective I think with UKSARC is to replicate a genuine hunting scenario. So no peg being used is for that reason the key is the targets as kills are in correct places I.e in the head. Lower scores are mainly due to doughnutting the target going for the outright kill. Which in fairness is what would happen if you were hunting out on a field. It's definitely tougher for the average shooter but its to replicate hunting and with a basic set up. I still will say a standard decent gun will do what a target will do this is proved week in week out. Also point to make is the recoiling shooters actually have an advantage not using a peg. The peg restricts the recoiling shooters natural and most comfortable position. It is a competition but main points of UKSARC is to replicate hunting with a simple set up which 99% of people will use in the field. It's got full support from Solware and Brocock. Another shooting discipline that wil get more airgunners involved. I'm very surprised that it hasn't had any coverage in any of mainstream airgunning magazines very surprised.
“Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.”

The real Peaky Blinder