Thread: UKSARC Question
View Single Post
Old 25th April 2013, 05:54 PM
Aspiring to mediocrity
Member of: MEMBER OF M.A.D

Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
Have those complaints come from people who've taken part in the series or from those who haven't? I had a similar opnion to you before I gave it a go and was pleasantly suprised after speaking to Johnny and Gerry about things, as like you I didn't want to drive all that way to compete in a minority class. The series isn't about organisers restricting kit or shooters pushing the envelope to the mm with stock choice, it's about sticking to the spirit in which it was founded.

If you have to ask about kit choice then maybe it's not within the spirit and you don't get to shoot the class you want to, it's kind of like asking Sparky if you could shoot your .177 in the .22 class. The rules are in black and white and plenty clear enough if a cheek piece or butt is adjusted you're in target class, if they're bottomed out and neutral you can take part in sporting. Like it or not thems the rules of the game.
One of the complaints came from someone who had to modify their gun so they could shoot in the main class, yet the man on the next peg had a very expensive aftermarket stock and was allowed to compete.

Your analogy about shooting .177 in .22 does not work. A better analogy would be having a 100m race where no one is allowed to use steroids, however, the use of roller skates is permitted.

I believe in rules and that is why i want to make sure of them before I enter, I also do not want to be at a disadvantage to another shooter.

I personally think its crazy that a 1300 Daystate Panther target rifle can shoot in the main class, however a 600 Ar20 has to have all its bits taken off before it ca compete.

What is a sporting rifle?

I can tell you this, I have killed more rabbits with my Steyr then any other gun I own and as such, it is a sporting rifle.
Somehow I made TEAM ENGLAND 2012 and 2013

Illiterate writer for AirGunner

The real Kung Foo Panda.