Thread: UKSARC Question
View Single Post
Old 25th April 2013, 02:33 PM
Getting dusty

Originally Posted by scutter View Post
This is the thing that I can not understand. I am all for any type of shooting and the idea of a back to basics series is a good one.

The thing is though, unlike some shooters, I do not have hundreds of pounds to spend on aftermarket stocks to give me a high cheek piece and a deep for end. What I have is an old piece of fence post clamped to the bottom of my gun and a cheek piece that is built up with ispom p38

This apparently is illegal and would have to be removed, however, an aftermarket stock is fine and this in my opinion is elitist. (If you have lots of money, then you can have an advantage)

From what I can see of the rules, there are no pegs, so you have to shoot from a fist, so a deep forend is essential for stability and as we all know, non of us would take a shot at an animal, if we weren't stable.

So may I suggest an idea, follow that UKAHFT rule and just have a stock depth, 150mm from center of barrel to the bottom of the stock or hamster. This way shooters who can not afford a GinB or Paul Wilson will not be disadvantaged.

Also, if shooters have a adjustable cheek piece, let them use it. why on earth would you want a shooter to use a gun to simulate hunting quarry that was not set up for optimum performance.

Just my opinion.

Gary until you've tried it, keep your mind open. If you look at the top 4 scores I can say for a fact we were all using bog standard stocks exactly as they left the factory, one was even a twanger! If you're really serious about coming along and supporting another series, put your standard stock on your 400 or one of your other guns and join in. What reaction would this have if it were FT shooters criticising or offering opinions on UKAHFT rules?

In my opinion having actually tried SARC shoots a few times, it works really well as it is, there's been lots of chinese whispers going around about who's shooting what and who's having stocks made by who. The only person I saw with a GINB stock scored 33, I saw one other home made stock with a big cheek piece and deep fore end, they scored 46. What I saw mostly was a bunch of folk having a giggle and taking the **** as you would expect at any shoot.