Thread: Open Class
View Single Post
Old 25th April 2013, 08:37 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

When you do make sure you define flat so that each lane can be checked to a specification then. As well as levels on the rifles people can then check the firing points.

Ft is a game for everyone as much as it can. It's hardly a tour de force to have a gentle incline. If weight is the issue why do heavier shooters score better? Why do older shooters score better?

Perhaps it shouldn't be called ft. Should be called fft, not designed to be a shooting competition, just a competition for those that can shoot down hill.

Weight is something that can be done about. For the cost of an air stripper you can get 6 months gym membership. Same with backs. If your in pain stop. See someone get some advice. But having blown a disc last year (L4/L5) and living with someone who has major back issues I can tell you what most people will be helped by, because that's what the doctors prescribe, exercises to strengthen the back.

I want to be inspired by my betters to shoot better. When I know they are older and heavier but still beating me I want to know what I can do. When I'm beaten by shooters younger or fitter than I sit there and think about what I can do to get closer to them. Not start changing the game to mitigate the gap.

Get it passed. Ill bring the survey tools to check. I suppose this way there's no issue of shooting into banks on low shots either.

There's a big difference between an assault course up the side of a hill like South Devon and a gentle slope at millride. South Devon has flat sections but thats sendible given the slope. But courses like south Dorset don't have them all round. Wendover ground one, doesn't. Newbury doesn't. Most of the grounds I shot in Wales didn't. Germany probably won't.

But if you want to float it I want a strict definition of a flat firing position with method to check and proposed penalty and solution to follow on the day.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep