View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2013, 05:54 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by Willbe View Post
This is purely my take and not representative of any club or organisations thoughts;

1/ Firstly the BFTA set up a paypal account...
2/ This paypal account is used for shooters to pay for the shoot when they make the booking...
3/ If for whatever reason a shooter has to cancel if they give the organiser 24 hours notice of a cancallation they are refunded their money, after that i'm sorry but the money is gone...
4/ A list is kept of those who book and do not turn up (without prior warning), a two strikes and you're out rule is then employed i.e. you blob despite booking them GP1 and GP2 and you are barred from GP3...

Will Baskeyfield
Far Coley FTC
My thinking, no refunds what so ever. Simple. If it's a major trauma why you can't attend, 10 won't matter that much. Otherwise it falls on someone's neck (probably Shaun's) to decide who's reason warrants a refund and who's doesn't. If people know up front, it's a ticket to attend, and there's no refunds then they can make their choice.

I'll be furnishing the BFTA with the capabilities of paying up front on the current booking in system in due course, but on quick inspection, it looks easy to set up. Personally I think most know the web and paypal well enough, and if they don't then they know someone that does. Group booking would still work, just one person has to pay for the group. May slow how fast a GP books up, but as ever i suspect people will get organised and it will return to normal.

Another suggestion I heard is a fine at your next shoot. Could do both?

From a webmaster view it's very difficult to determine the exact ID of someone booking in and thus bar etc someone from using the booking in system, unless I go to the length of creating an account for every BFTA number and locking it down, and adding new ones as people join up and get a number, and deleting old ones. So you're still free to book in as Will B or Bill B, or if Thursday night, Bella B

I won't be making any suggestion, that's not my place, but i'll find out the pros and cons.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep