View Single Post
Old 17th April 2013, 07:31 PM
I like Feinwerkbau's
Member of: Tawd Vale FT&ARC

Originally Posted by Martz View Post
Its probably worth 40, but I ordered one and its going back. Its extremely flexible for a hard case, the clasps don't line up perfectly when you actually have a rifle in it, so you feel like you're bending the case to shut it.

Maybe OK for a slimmer rifle, maybe my Steyr is too chubby, I wouldn't be happy with a sidewheel scope in it.

As for the "security" features, (which aren't what i bought it for at all), 3s with a flat blade screw driver for them.
To be honest if you want a case to fit a full blown FT rig "properly" and you want security a Peli case is the only solution. They are expensive, yes but what value do you place on your FT rig? Mine went through the baggage carousel at the airport in Budapest and looking at the state of the locks someone had tried and failed to open the case yet when I opened it and went to the zero range the rifle/scope hadn't moved by as much as a click. If you want a case that fits properly and will protect your precious rifle and scope the Peli is the "only" answer.
2012 BFTA B grade Champion
Tawd Vale Field Target and Air Rifle club
Proud to be the home of British and World Champions
Support the growth of Field Target in your NorthWest clubs.
This aint a dry run, if you dont do it now you wont get another chance!