View Single Post
Old 13th April 2013, 10:59 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
Hi Paula here
As I have elected to shoot the pm session, I will now be watching over my daughter and the hound for approx 7 hours before I get to shoot at around 3.30 pm, not ideal, and I will most definitely be knackered and will have lost all enthusiasm by then.
I can see that everyone will now be standing by their computers waiting for the green light to swamp the morning sessions for future GPs if this becomes the norm.
Understandably Shaun is trying to find ways of accomodating the greater numbers which shows our sport is increasing in appeal and I appreciate that, but it still makes for a very long day for the likes of ourselves.
Who wears the trousers Paula? Tell Dave to look after the little ones Or tell him to move to the middle one and have a lay in. He can make brekky then

Seriously though, it's the same situation as the worlds... an event in a popular FT area, there's only so many hours in the day, so many targets to shoot, and so much time to do it in. If we want more in a shoot then something has to be played with. Change is always going to introduce new problems.

The first come first served route has it's issues, but at least the BFTA get a heads up on the demand. Better to know weeks ahead than find out on the day and have to work it out then.

If people didn't have to travel so far then i'd suggest something like people only get an AM session then they have to shoot a PM one. But i'm not sure of the breakdown between regular shooters and those just attending their local GP for a one-off.

Must be the start of the GP season. Welcome to this years headache
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep