View Single Post
Old 13th April 2013, 07:24 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by JamesO View Post
You're a brave man Shaun

This has to be worth a try.

I would hope that the course marshalls keep a close eye on things to keep slower groups moving between lanes, as I think this is where a lot of hold ups come from.

Also it is up to the organisers to be on the ball getting the next squad on the course, the spraying needs to be organised, just throwing bodies at the task won't work (besides they're heavy). The shooters in the next squad also need to be keep up to date, it shouldn't be assumed someone at one end of a car park can hear someone at the other. A load hailer jobby might be helpful with advance notice given i.e. '20mins to go, start gathering for a briefing' etc.

I don't think there will be any complaints if shooters can see a well organised event, but they would be justified some grumpyness if say the painting takes an hour.

On the other hand I remember starting some GP courses at late times back in the day, so it isn't too much of a problem, besides the wind tends to drop in the evening...

edit This isn't specifically aimed at Millride, it is a general thing
Reckon so James. Also, stoppages need to be clear. There can be hold ups with one part of the course thinking they've heard something and then realising it wasn't a whistle but something else.

Perhaps collar people when their scorecards get in. Random selection of people when cards are handed in. Don't paint, don't get points. I can see some clubs may be wary of people stumbling around their undergrowth, Dartmoor for instance isn't safe to walk out on even in summer due to the Sherlock style bog on the moor, but there's enough man power on a course to do almost anything when the correct voltage is applied. Hmm... perhaps that's an idea...

Again, aimed at no club/region/person whatever, we know everyone who puts a shoot on works damned hard.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep