View Single Post
Old 4th April 2013, 05:40 PM
Member of: Castle
Default Charity Bike Ride *please read

Hi all,

I hope you are well and looking forward to a good summer season after the challenging and enjoyable winter league.

I thought I would post this on STB, as it is for a very good cause and I cannot speak highly enough of the friendship, encouragement and support offered from the FT and HFT community. There really isn't a better bunch of people - anywhere.

On 16 June this year I shall be doing the London to Brighton bike ride, to try and raise some much needed funds for The British Heart Foundation.

This charity does some amazing work in the research and care for people of all ages with all types of heart disease. It's a condition that can affect anyone, at any time and no doubt most of us will, at some point in our lives, know somebody, or come across somebody that this affects. Every little helps and I would be so grateful if you can help in whatever way you can.

You can visit my just giving page and donate directly, please see here:

I am in training now, and its going OK. I know 54 miles of beautiful countryside and some steep hills will be easy for some of you, but for a bald chubby chap like myself I think it will be quite a challenge! As most of you will know me, unlike my treasured Zenith's, I don't mind getting my bike wet and dirty and I have been going out in all weathers to get the miles in.

If you feel you can help in any way that is brilliant, or if you think you might know anybody else who would like to donate please pass this message on. If you are not in a position to donate, and I know it's a tough time for us all, then just wish me luck when you see me at the next GP.

And in case you're wondering, I look a belter in cycling shorts !

Many, many thanks in advance, and I look forward to seeing you all soon.

Chris Large

Dowry Hill FT
Castle FTC
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread