Thread: Proud dad
View Single Post
Old 1st April 2013, 08:00 PM
Weerach ninja
Member of: Pontefract ARC.
Default Proud dad

Most of you will know of my current health situation, and the fact that funds for various Cancer based charities have been raised by both friends of mine and even folks i have never met... i've received so many messages from folks saying i have been an inspiration, it has been very humbling, and made me so very proud. (Insert not worthy smiliey)
My Daughter has had a few "Run ins" with various teachers at her school over the last couple of years due to her breaking school dress code rules. I wear a couple of Cancer based wristbands and she has one too. They're against school health and safety rules so she removes it each day at school and then puts it back on again afterwards.
She has a "Marie curie" badge too but this is allowed for some strange reason? Anyway, about a month ago she asked me about the possibilities of her doing a sponsored bike ride to raise money for the Marie Curie, she wanted to ride her bike from our house to Pontefract race course. Both me and Di didn't like the idea of her riding along a busy main road so suggested she ride around the Racecourse instead, it's 2 mile and 125 yards per lap. She decided to set a goal of doing five laps and they made some sponsorship forms up and she posted it on her Facebook page.
Well today was the day, she and some friends from school went along to the Racecourse and they did the sponsored bike ride. Lots of family and friends turned out to cheer them on but unfortunately i'm still really sick and i wasn't able to go.
After the first lap i got a text message from my sister saying that our Danielle had really struggled and didn't look like she was going to make the full five laps... she had the bike set on too high a gear apparently, some adjustment of the gears to the bike and she managed the full five laps.
I'm so chuffed!
Not sure how much they've raised as there was a few of them altogether, i'll post the total when i know what it is.
NSRA Club coach
International panel beater extraordinare
NHS pin cushion
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread