Thread: NEFTA Hunter
View Single Post
Old 15th September 2009, 08:29 AM

[QUOTE=KeithG;12023]I know Iím entering this discussion late but I have only just registered so I can add my comments. Who am I? Well Iím the muppet who checked out the line of sight on the Ponty course, so most of the problems with the course were down to my inexperience, sorry folks.
As Pete Dutton rightly pointed out on the day, some of the shooting positions were difficult for adults and impossible for juniors to shoot prone. This could discourage younger shooters from taking part in the future so again I apologise. I see no problem with Pete, or anybody else, pointing this out and appreciate that without constructive criticism mistakes will just be repeated.
The Ponty course setters put in a significant amount of time and effort to provide a challenging course, any mistakes in the set up format (either from NEFTA or Ponty) were just that Ė genuine mistakes.
In my humble opinion NEFTA and all the clubs involved have done a fantastic job in organising and co-ordinating a pretty hectic shooting schedule.
The bad news is this hasnít put me off HFT, Iíve thoroughly enjoyed my first season and will be back for more next year.
Congratulations to all the winners and thanks for good company and ďlivelyĒ banter at all the shoots I attended.
Keith Gilyard

Firstly hi Keith and welcome to stb.I think reading back through this it has, as always strayed away from the point a bit on some posts , while some are very valid but I'm sure that nobody thinks that you're a muppet mate.
I think if a course format is agreed on especially if NEFTA agreed to take on the UKA's format then that format should have been stuck to throughout the season by all hosting clubs and maybe the courses checked a bit more carefully in plenty of time prior to the events as they are in the nationals but that doesn't take anything away from all the hard work that was put in by a few Ponty members who gave us all what was in general a really good day where the majority of folk went home with a smile on their face which I think is what this sport is about and it's great to see that another northern club is trying to show a bit more interest in HFT.
While I think Trev,Steve and other organisers have done a fantastic job of taking over the hunter this year so that we can all still enjoy the season it was their first go as Brian Samson always ran it in the past and I'm sure that the same mistakes will not be repeated next year and I can only see it getting better and better.It will be interesting to see if some similar mistakes are made in the new upcoming Midland series which starts soon.
Sunday has gone and there is nothing anyone can do about it now but this has made interesting reading and I'm sure that many of us have learned something from it so obviously the criticism has been taken in the light that it was meant by most.