Thread: NEFTA Hunter
View Single Post
Old 14th September 2009, 04:52 PM
Beware the Chair
Member of: Redfearn FTC

Originally Posted by TREV RYN View Post
well i must apologise for this as it was me that vetted pontys course and if theres any blame to be laid lay it at my feet ,in my opinion it wasnt a bad course ok in hind sight you probably had to take acouple more kneelers than your used to thats what caught a lot of people out yes there was grass in the way but hay ho thats life[hunting]. pontys course was a thinking mans course and im sorry but if you laid prone and thought you were going to miss the shot due to grass , then take thew shot kneeling , i know my views are going to upset alot of folk and im sorry
i will still say the short fall on yesterdays courese not complying to ukahft was my fault as i checked the course and not ponty ps we all still had a good day
luv yas all
I will take some of the blame here. I normally send out the NEFTA Hunter documents (which includes the course format) to the hosting club 2 weeks prior to the shoot date. On this occasion my laptop packed up the day I was due to send them which was also the day I was going on holiday returning back the day before the shoot.
I know all the documents are available on the NEFTA website but the guy that organised the course was not aware of this so he used the initial rules written for the NEFTA Hunter Series and not the UKAHFT rules.
We were very lucky that this shoot went ahead at all. We need to praise the guys who set up the course because from what I heard, there was only 3 of them (out of a club membership of nearly 300) and the course was only just completed late on Saturday evening.
We can all learn from our errors.
Walther Dommie Titanium / Gary Cane Stock