Thread: sightron scopes
View Single Post
Old 7th March 2013, 09:10 PM
Member of: Lingfield Rifle Club; Horsham Hawks HFT and Mile Oak Shooting Club
Default Sightron Scope

I have two friends who have the Sightron Series lll 10x42 MMD scope and, having looked at theirs, I think they are brilliant. Very clear glass, great reticle and very precise adjustments. I have just imported one from the States at a cost of 380.00 (plus I had to pay 100.00 import duty and vat making a total of 480.00). It arrived yesterday and was still considerably cheaper than buying in the UK, even if it did take nearly three weeks to arrive through customs. Only trouble is that it didn't come with a free sunshade, as the UK imports do, but I guess that is easily remedied.

The scope was to go on top of a Steyr which I have yet to purchase. Trouble is that my main job disappeared today, so the Steyr is no longer a possibility - at least for the time being. I will have to make do with my HW100 and Hawke scope for now!

There is a very good right up here which puts the Sightron on a par with Schmidt and Bender scopes. I would judge the scope to be that good too.

If you're looking for a Sightron scope for HFT, you could have this one quite a bit cheaper that purchasing it in the UK. I'm not sure I will have a use for it now, unless I put it on top of the HW100, but I am used to that set-up as it is. If you're interested, please pm me.

Best wishes,