View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2013, 02:53 PM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

Originally Posted by paul4be View Post
Doing my head in now.
How much difference do you see between different chronos?
Always used my F1 to set up, and seeing Express 7.9's spitting out at around 810-815 fps.
Got a Skan Pro 1 to use indoors if needed, but that is showing around 30fps less.
Obviously something going on so I borrowed a Combro hoping that it would confirm one or the other. Combro is showing a few fps less than the F1, but not much (less than 10fps).
Would appear that the Skan is not quite right, but how do I pick the bones out of that lot??????
I dont rate the F1 that highly.
we have one in club and results are very dependant on light levels. fps can as you say be anything from 10 -30+ fps depending on light!

We know use a pro chrono digital (same dosh as f1) and get far better and consistant results.

My Ostler ev is pretty consistant with pellets straight from tin, I dont weigh pellets for chrono use as not needed with jsb exact.

Combro are pretty good for the money. Worth getting one for occasional checking

What you need is to find / set the the power of your gun on a chrono your going to be "tested" on.
eg, if your going to Shoot Bfta events its not good your F1 saying your doing 810 and bfta says 830.

Top tip, set the gun up at just over 11ft/lb use it, forget the chrono, only really needed by a gunsmith!
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85