View Single Post
Old 18th February 2013, 12:13 PM
Member of: Anston FTC
Default Advice for service/repair of Mk 3 big Nikko

I have nothing but bad luck with scopes

Before Xmas, I sent my 8 - 32 signature back to Burris to have a MD ret put in and a service. In the mean time I bought a mk3 big Nikko to use and had got on pretty well with it up until the last three shoots. To cut a long story short it turns out that the ret has started to bounce around after a shot, causing some shots to go way high. I can mitigate this by tapping the scope hard 8 - 10 times after dialling but it doesn't always work and I don't always remember.

Since Burris have now mailed me to tell me that they have lost my lovely 8-32 (I kid you not ), I really need to get the Nikko sorted (or as some have suggested go back to iron sights). So as Highland International don't want to know because I didn't have it from new, I wonder if anyone can recommend someone who will be able to sort this? I am as you can imagine, pretty fed up at the moment, so ideally I'd like to get it sorted quickly. I have been told that this may be something I can do myself but don't fancy trying to be honest.

I would like to agree with you but then we'd both be wrong....
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread