View Single Post
Old 10th September 2009, 07:49 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by Photosbykev View Post
I'm pretty certain the Falcons are only made with the 4.52 head size
that magic number again... i think it's their post code for all the relation it has to any dimension on the pellet

it was always mooted that the mozzies took more than the exacts in wind... personally i don't care... and haven't found it as such in two guns side by side with two different shooters.

if i didn't have a house needing underpinning where i store my collection of mozzies, i'd give these a shot... and be certainly tempted to try them for a winter league. Really, if a pellet is constant, then learning it and predicting it is the key, and i doubt 0.5 of a gn is going to make that much difference to how much they take... and i'd guess they'd take the same if not less. But testing windage on a pellet is so difficult to experiment with... which is why i've never really bothered much with mozzies bar a side by side test to settle on course debate...

i'd say if it flys flatter, then it takes less wind... it's when it starts to drop more, it will take more. This might happen at longer ranges... but if it don't i'd say it will take less.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep