View Single Post
Old 29th January 2013, 08:06 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by rich View Post
What's wrong with some grant aid? Why not use some of the wad that the BFTA has stashed away as a seeding amount and go for match funding from other organisations, commercial sponsorship, our own fund raising events, and so on. Make it snowball.

Once you start to look, you'll be surprised what grant aid there is out there, that can be had if you write the application well enough. OK, not in the same league as intercontinental flights, but our club had a few hundred quid last year to put a number of us through an RCO training course, and that came from the District Council. They had a pot of money from one of the funders to promote sport in the region. We tapped into that.
Unfortunately the bfta isn't the EFTA Rich. They do donate some money already which pays for our insurance and other running costs already. If they felt generous and dumped 8k or so into our coffers that would be great but I think we need to explore other venues as well.
Some may need exploring by the shooters as often grant aid is regional rather than national. I know one EFTA team member had expenses contributed to by his local sports authority.
It will be something we will look at.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep