View Single Post
Old 16th January 2013, 03:18 PM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

Bitterly cold day at tondu, so cold did little more than some investigation into sundays Misses, and it turns out i am Crap?

sorry, thats fishface answer!

Low shots sunday? The 33 m miss i am now convinced caught a blade of the (i think) Horse grass on the way. Shot various Die pellets at 30 + 40 m today and all were spot on.

The long 47m shot?
Sat and launched die 39 sized 4.50 pellet after pellet at 50m today. Every now and again produced a low strike, sometime edge of kill so 20mm drop, sometimes another 5 mm and thus enough to miss.
that with the same mixed batch of die 39 used on sunday.

I then chronoed the gun over 40 shots with the 4.50 die 39. Low was 767, high 772. Thats a bit lower that i was expecting although temp today was about the same as sunday

Process of elimination!

Switched to die 8, straight from the tin. Chronoed 40 shots, low 778, high 784.

So as expected the sized pellets were about 10fps down, consistancy is superb on both.

I then shot a load of straight die 8 at 50 and got not shots dropping.

Did the same with Mega Die 50 and again no shots dropped and once again got the tightest of groups with these pellets. Die 50 will definatley be gp + worlds ammo.

I then opened a new tin die 39, shot straight and got better results in regards of less pellets dropping. Had a couple drop between 5 -15ml. Maybe they only need sizing to 4.52 and not 4.50 for use in the Priest??
truth be told i baught them for using in REV as my mega die 36 are down to about 6 tins for that barrel!

No over trousers today and no misses while kneeling, so its one or other it seesm and thermals.
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85