View Single Post
Old 16th January 2013, 11:55 AM
Member of: Nelson FT & Worcester AR Club

Originally Posted by skires View Post
Heyup ... the UKAHFT diplomacy representative has arrived.

For once I do agree with Pete D ( did I actually say that ). Gerry I think you'll find that none of the top shots will ever go for an easy 1 on the plate. They will always back themselves to hit the kill, even in Quarry wind, and if they do miss they'll probably edge the kill anyway.

It's always a challenge for the organisors to keep the rules so it's challenging for the best shooters but still worth the newcomers, youngsters and not so good shooters turning up and having a go. I'm sure the leniency on areas around kills is to ensure that the weaker shooters don't get too discouraged by lots of zeros on their card.

( ps ... I'm glad it's you on the wrong end of Pete instead of me ... he'll no doubt give me a sound thrashing shortly ).
I too always go for the kill .....

As evident by my collection of zeros ...

Such is life .

In most cases organisers do their best for the sport .

I have spent many many hours out there helping organise , so do understand .

I also understand that its also possible to miss seeing a random blade of grass or what ever, some times trampled down when setting , but stands back up afterwards .

The main thing I believe is that every one has to shoot the same target under the same conditions .

Where there is a marginal error , some times I believe too much complaint is raised blowing it out of all proportion.

Let common sense prevail.

Cosford did a great job of putting on this comp , and to be honest , the more clubs prepared to host shoots the better , as they are spreading the sport .

I will support them in all future events .
Isuza imBuzi . . . . . .