View Single Post
Old 14th January 2013, 03:41 PM
Member of: The Oaks & Horsham hawks

Originally Posted by scutter View Post
I think there is a bit of confusion about rules here.

a few years ago, Maldon had some 40mm targets that were half obscured. Ian had plates welded to the back of the targets so that you could only use half the kill. The problem was, once the paint had been shot off the metal plate, it looked like a full size kill.

The UKAHFT put a statement in the course setting notes, "Sent to all hosting clubs" that if a plate was to be used to obstruct a kill, it had to be on the front of the face plate, so if the paint is shot off, you can still see the obstruction.

The targets used at Cosford were not 50% reduced kills. They were the targets that can be either a 25mm, 20mm or a 15mm etc

Like this

As far as I am aware, these do not fall into the same category as the half obscured targets and as such are fully legal

But if the reducing ring is on the rear like some i've seen you have the same problem as you had with MADs targets Gary. If they are front mounted then yes, no problem at all.
In life you should not persue goals that are easily achieved, develop an instinct for what can be only just achieved through your greatest efforts.