View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2013, 03:45 PM
Why do I bother????????
Member of: Darlington RA

Originally Posted by Gar73 View Post
My rangefinder has the 35 yard plate at 36 yards from the first bench, which suited me as the 36 yard zero suited the bushnells mark on the ring (36yards).

I bet the 35 yards was measured from the sillies shooting position, I am 99.9% sure this is right. Well start again in the morning. I forgot about that one.

And it meant each marker plate was 0.5 to 0.75 yards more than the plate said as distance increased when sat on the 1st bench. I will check tomorrow.
Don't forget that the bench isn't level with the front edge of the flag stones. I'd do it by tape rather than range finder. At the end of the day though, it makes no difference as long as you can always use the plates again for your setup. If you end up with clicks that are spot on on our plates, it makes no difference whether a target on a course that was measured as 35 yards comes in at a yard different on your sidewheel, as long as your clicks match what the sidewheel says you'll hit it. Given the number of people who don't have actual distances marked anyway, it shouldn't be an issue.

I'm sure I shot round with Mark Stenton and Dave R who were having to share Mark's EV as Dave's EV was dead yet again. Anyway, there were several discussions about targets being "about E and a half" etc. Made me smile!