View Single Post
Old 31st December 2012, 04:13 PM
Member of: Good Ole Boy's Field Target Club & Invicta Field Target Club

You can purchase those Leupold Comp scopes from most Bass Pro shops, over the counter here. They do not sell the mildot reticle as a standard option. I use Mildots in two of my comp 35's.

I had to send my scopes to the Leupold Custom shop with a letter explaining that I wanted the mils for field target reference only and that I understood that they would not be a true mil when installed. This is because the Mildots when installed in the comp 35 scope are not true mil in size. So, Leupold is very reluctant to install those reticles anymore. I know several FT shooters over here that have been told NO when ordering Mildots from Leupold. If you do, just be persistent. It's almost luck of the draw when you send a scope to them now for the conversion.

Best of luck!

Harold Rushton

Originally Posted by Neil-T View Post
I am going on Holiday to Disney Florida in July next year. Was wondering if anyone had experience of buying a Leup Comp whilst over there. I have sent an email to Optics Planet requesting a Silver one with Mildot ret but not sure if this will be possible. I am wanting to pick the scope up when over there, preferably from the International drive area. I am not overly concerned about the Mildot ret as I can send to Harald Ros afterwards. Any experience of anyone encountering problems through customs on return journey home. Do I declare it or just put in hand luggage. Any suggestions welcome. Neil.