View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2012, 02:56 PM
Member of: The Oaks & Horsham hawks

Originally Posted by raygun View Post
Hi Steve,

The target could not be shot in the same manner by both right and left handed shooters. Coming off the peg for a right hander is opposed to what a left hander would do.
I would say the target was unfair as it could not be shot in the same manner by both shooters.

Looking at the rules I would say that the handing of the shot ie "has to be able to be shot by both left and right handed shooters" is what you go off.

I was just trying to get a definitive answer for the person from the horses mouth so to speak as there seems to be some confusion.

I always thought you could obscure half kill from the peg & when off the peg 2 foot a full kill was seen, as long as you made sure it wasn't impossible to shoot & had a similar shot somewhere on the course, I understand this is not the case though as you say Ray.

I am a lefty, with the 2 foot from the peg rule if someone sets a target to be shot off the right & set properly I can manage OK by either putting a knee or something on the peg, or an elbow & shoot from my hand. This needs to be set up correctly though on flat terrain or it doesn't work.. I quite like shots like that, but I suppose if not set correctly it causes problems.
In life you should not persue goals that are easily achieved, develop an instinct for what can be only just achieved through your greatest efforts.

Last edited by 5teve L; 23rd December 2012 at 03:26 PM.