Thread: Air stripper ?
View Single Post
Old 21st December 2012, 05:53 AM
Boingers forever.
Member of: Far Coley

Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
So the standard AA one I have is not doing much, thought so. As you say, its just a tube with slots. The air can still disrupt the pellet.

A silencer makes it quite, but could scatter the pellets (a little)

A stripper, will allow the pellet to leave the barrel more smoothly, but it has a crack.

Am I about right so far ?

Q1. Is the Rowan stripper the best on the market? Best being, works the best, fits the best and finished the best.
Q2. Would a stripper be as loud as my gun is now with the standard AA 'stripper' on it?

I don't think a silencer will affect accuracy, I have fitted one to many different rifles an the only thing I experienced Is a slight drop in POI on some of them.

The Rowan stripper is a good one IMO but as is said above, UK Neil makes the best I took my MPR down to him around 6 months ago and he made me one while I waited. Even got some of his blood on it.....

The stripper would more than likely make your rifle a bit louder, but more accurate, get one with an adjustable cone and experiment with the distance between end of barrel and the start of the cone......usually around 3-4mm. If you are target shooting I would recommend a good air stripper. Neil.
The Pope HW97 V-Mach. Gary Cane Laminate stock. Leupold Competition 40 mag Mildot.
The Smiler. Walther LGU. WE Laminate stock. Leupold Competition.
The Dark Destroyer. TX200 MK3. Leupold Competition 40 mag.
Pro-Sport. Warren Edwards Blue Laminate stock. Bushy 8-32x40.