View Single Post
Old 8th December 2012, 09:54 PM
Default Still trying to get a plan.

I'm off to Treetops tomorrow for a bit of HFT (or something) with a hired AA S400.

I'm still trying to workout what gun I may want to buy. I know you should try before you buy, but I've tried all the top guns in my local shop, Daystate's, Air Arms, Steyr's and a HW100. These are all top guns I know, but non of them feel right in my hands, accept, maybe the Daystate MK4.

I'm a time served cabinet maker, of some time ago, but my day jobs still demands a full workshop (metal/wood) and full on hand skills. So my plan is to buy a blank and carve my own stock to my own fitment and taste.

So really, I only need to work out what mechanics to buy??? Makes it easier I suppose !!

The AA S400 is, I'm told, a VERY good gun at a very low price. All the other guns I've tried are at least 300 extra (not the HW100). If I were to buy an AA 400 MPR FT and pay somebody good to fit a reg in it, then carve my own stock, would I end up with a really reliable, solid, good fitting gun?

Or am I still better off trying lots of guns? But what am looking for in a gun if it's not 'fitment' and they are all high quality mechanics?

I think I'm going to end up mostly shooting FT, with a bit of HFT on the side.

I'm confused.

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread